The tour begins at 5pm each night. Ride around Chiang Mai in an iconic rod daeng local truck with a maximum of 10 other guests in search of some of the cities finest food.
With the help of your guide you'll visit 7 different locations across the cit and sample 17 different food and drinks. Come with an empty stomach as you're going to be feeling full by the end!
Northern Thai food is very different from other regions, with more herbs and less coconut used. The history of Northern Thai cuisine is closely linked with Burmese food as they ruled over the city for many years.
During the tour, you'll visit a local produce market, Chinatown, watch the city's butchers at work and visit the 24-hour fruit and vegetable market sample food along the way. You'll also learn about the history of the city and some new words in Thai to help you order during the rest of your holiday.
Here's the evening's menu:
- Braised pork leg cooked in Chinese five spice
- Grilled Northern herbal Thai sausage
- Leaf wrapped miang kham bites
- Pork crackling with two nam prik spicy dips
- Crispy crickets and silk worms
- Fresh Shan tea leaf salad
- Aromatic tamarind leaf salad
- Nam prik pu peanut dip with jungle veg
- The most authentic Northern minced pork larb in Chiang Mai
- Sticky hang le Northern curry with pork belly
- A smoky bowl of nam ngiaw noodle soup
- Deep fried sweet potato bites
- Refreshing fruit smoothie
- Exotic seasonal fruit tasting such as longan and dragonfruit
- Khanon khroc coconut-rice pancakes
- Fiery ginger infused syrup with tofu
- Sweet local cakes in a variety of flavours
We Look forward to showing you the authentic food of Northern Thailand.