Departure from your hotel/villa depending the location of your villa departure time may vary
Arrival at starting point at Belayu, Marga Tabanan
Morning coffee and a short briefing at starting point at Belayu, Marga Tabanan
Visit a traditional Balinese family temple and experience the cultural activities
Briefing about the bikes and the route and sign disclaimer form upon departure
Departure for cycling through magnificent views of rice fields and Balinese Villages toward Mengwi’s traditional market
Arrival at Mengwi morning market
Breakfast at the market - Balinese Nasi Campur
Transfer in air conditioned car to Canggu Cooking Retreat in Canggu for your cooking class
Arrival at Canggu Cooking Retreat in Canggu
Cooking Class starts
Head chef will demonstrate how to cook “Gilimanuk” style Chicken Betutu and step by step he will teach you how to cook 5 recipes of Balinese dishes:
- Balinese Duck Satay Lilit
- Karangasem Sambal Udang – Karangasem dry prawn curry
- Balinese traditional mixed vegetable “Lawar”
- Sambal Matah Lunch
- Sambal Kecap
Canggu Cooking Retreat - terms and agreements for mutual understanding
Please let us know upon make a reservation if you have any dietaries or allergic for above
dishes. Vegetarian menu also available and please confirm at least 2 days prior the date.
Cooking Class finish and prepare for lunch
The program will finish
Return transfer to the pick up point.
We require a minimum of 2 people to run the class - please confirm your booking two days before the date of your class.
• A tailor made cooking class for groups of up to of 10 participants is available upon request
• All cooking classes and cycling trips are reserved on a first come first serve basis with minimum 2 participants
• Please advise your availability in order that we can arrange a full class.
• Any special dietary needs must be confirmed 2 days prior the date of event.
• All participants need to be able to ride a bicycle and to have had bicycle riding experiences not more than one year ago.
For your safety our guides will determine if you are competent at cycling based on your skill of how to ride a bike - this is for everyone’s safety.
• This cycling trip is not recommended for guest below 15 years old as it is reasonably strenuous
• Please let us know if you have any requirements of the bike, including your height so we can prepare the most suitable bikes for you
• For those who wish to accompany the bicycling tour but can not rife we offer a pillion scooter ride that follows the cycling guest.
• If you are interested in the program but would rather not cycle please let us know and you can join in the class only with a special time frame.
• For those who are curious to learn about other Indonesian dishes not mentioned below we can accommodate your requests and we will get back to you with more details on dishes we can offer.